Pre High Lonesome Let's rewind all the way back to December of 2016, about seven months prior to the race. I was still planning out my 2017 race calendar and knew I wanted to travel to Colorado in the hopes of falling in love with the State and potentially moving there in 2018 if I had not fallen in love with another state. Clicking the 100 mile check box and doing an extensive search of Colorado 100s on UltraSignup, I found the High Lonesome 100, Colorado's newest hundred mile race and the dates of the race worked perfectly with my schedule. After reading the website info, I was hooked and psyched and signed up as soon as registration opened seeing that the race was capped at 75 folks. The High Lonesome 100 takes place in the Sawatch Mountains Range. *Side note: The Sawatch Mountains is home to Nolans 14, which if you know Ultrarunning is one of the hardest, craziest running adventures in the world. Read more about Nolans 14 here . The race takes place just out...
For me, it is really hard not to be competitive when I toe the start line of any race, but that changed dramatically at Broken Arrow Skyrace. I've never done a Skyrunning event before and this opened my eyes up to another world of Ultra endurance athletics and being in the mountains. Skyrunning came from Europe and is defined as mountain running above 2,000m (6500ft+), over extremely technical trails, also known as "where the mountains meet the sky". The Broken Arrow Skyrace delivered. The 52K features a challenging, world-class race course that showcases Squaw Valley's most extreme and scenic terrain. From the valley floor at 6200 feet, runners will ascend more than 10,000 feet as they traverse the rugged terrain of one of North America's most iconic ski resorts. Runners got treated to the jagged terrain of KT-22, unrivaled views of the Granite Chief Wilderness, and the most iconic portion of the race, the infamous "Stairway to Heaven" ladder ...
Fat Dog 120 Race Recap [In my head] " Where the hell am I? I should not be in this river right now... Where are the trail markers?!! AGHHH!! Two weeks ago, I had the pleasure to run Canada's most scenic ultra, Fat Dog 120 . This ultra is Canada's answer to the USA's Hardrock 100. I read about this race back in 2013 when I was just getting started with ultrarunning. Outside Magazine, called this race one of the top 9 hardest 100+ mile races in the world at the time. Six years after reading about the race that has a whopping ~28,000ft of vertical climbing aka "Everesting", I would sign up feeling confident in my long distance running ability to tackle the demand and challenges of this graduate level ultra race. I hope to keep the race recap brief and to the point. So let's begin: After arriving home to see my folks in Washington State a couple days before race day, my father, Sunny and I made our way up to Vancouver, BC, Canada on Thursda...
Comments
Post a Comment